Volunteer Background Check
Midlothian ISD welcomes parents and community members to volunteer on our campuses!
To ensure the safety of our students and staff, we ask all visitors to review the guidelines below:
On-Campus Visitors or Volunteers
Including those attending school assemblies, lunch and class parties.
Types of Events:
- May include, but not limited to: first day of school, Meet the Teacher Night, lunch visits, class parties, assemblies.
- Visitors need to have a valid government issued ID* scanned through the Raptor system for basic security clearance in order to enter a school.
- If the Raptor system shows an alert on a visitor, a school administrator or SRO should be notified immediately.
- Visitors should receive and wear the Raptor badge that was given to them upon entry for the duration of the visit.
- Badges are one time use only and should not be distributed prior to the time of the visit.
- Visitors can have a valid government issued ID* scanned at a date prior to the date of their visit, but the badge should not be given to the visitor until the day of the campus visit.
- For future visits, the visitor can inform the receptionist about the upcoming visit and the Raptor badge can be printed ahead of time to expedite the process of checking in. However, badges shall not be given in advance of the visit and visitors must still show a valid ID in order to obtain the pre-printed badge on the day of the event.
- Minors should remain with their adult visitors while on the school campus.
- School personnel will collect badges when visitors exit the school.
*Government issued IDs include all state licenses, state identification cards, concealed handgun licenses, consular ID cards, green cards, active military cards, and passport cards.
On-Campus Chaperones or Field Trip Chaperones Background Check Requirements
Includes those attending an off-campus event with a class or those managing an event/club such as field day on campus.
Types of Events:
- May include but not limited to: field trips, off campus events, field day, assisting with extra-curricular events.
Background Check / Raptor Protocols:
- These must be submitted at least 3 weeks prior to the event.
- These must be completed every year. Valid July 1-June 30.
- These visitors must still bring their driver’s license to badge in with Raptor upon entering campus and must wear the ID badge until exiting the facility.
- School personnel will collect Raptor badges when visitors exit the school.
If you have questions regarding the background check process, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 469-856-5000.